As a Senior Linux system administrator at Kloud9 you will provide mid-range platform systems administration support on the mid-range platform servers located at various locations, and remote support to other sites may also be required.
- Performing full lifecycle management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or ESX running CentOS systems in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Interact with a variety of internal and external teams to solve complex data center customer issues crossing boundaries of responsibility
- Managing VMs on an ESX (can be on Private cloud too)
- Installing Linux patches and apply approved operating system configuration changes
- Practical knowledge about handling worst-case scenarios like VM ending up in a Kernel Panic Mode
- Fluent with the Linux command-line interface
- Hands-on experience with ESX running CentOS and RHEL 7 (Maipo)
- Experience with BigFix, ServiceNow, VMWare, Linux, DNS, DHCP, PXE, Kerberos(PKCS8, PKCS12)., LDAP,
- Familiarity with certificates such as PEM, PFX, Digi Certs – Trust CA, etc.
- Strong Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef or other automation tools
- Experience reading, writing, or modifying scripts in Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Master degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in Windows Operating System (e.g. Registry, Services, Security, and Performance Tuning).
- Familiar with Linux (NFS, Samba, POSIX) a plus
What we offer:
- Attractive office location, a center of Bangalore City.
- Cooperation with experienced and open-minded team
- Attractive salary adequate to skills and experience
- Free Lunch
- Friendly atmosphere
“Kloud9LLC, headquartered in New York and having offices in Bangalore and Poland, is a leading global IT solutions organization, enabling its clients to achieve real-world business impact through unparalleled domain expertise working at the intersection of emerging technologies. We focus primarily on Retail and E-Commerce industry. This domain strength combined with leading-edge capabilities in DevOps, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Automation has helped our clients to innovate business, automate processes and industrialize AI. With over 400 people serving clients across North America, Retail Kloud9 fosters a culture that promotes innovation and constantly seeks to find new yet simple ways to add value for its clients.”